Monday, October 10, 2011

Web 2.0 Tools

      For beginners, I never had heard of any of the Web 2.0 applications until today’s lesson.  The wiki is a great site that can be used when completing anything that is done with a group. It’s good for activities in class, and also out of class. I would definitely use it for online classes that require you to complete group assignments. I was thinking of how easy it is because when you send emails back and forth they seem to get lost sometimes. The wiki insures that the group can make adjustments to anything that they do or don’t agree on when completing certain things.

       The social bookmarking is also great when you need to find websites. You can have your the websites needed from any computer you are working on. Also it gives access to others who may be interested in some of your favorite websites. I think this is great for teachers when needing to collaborate on different lesson plans. The voice thread is a great way to conduct online class. You can send your students pictures with the voice on what you may want them to know and learn. I would start an account and have my students to log on to show their parents different notes and homework I may want them to work on. I also would give them a chance to present their different work to me through voice thread. This gives them a chance to use technology and also gain something new for them to use in their future.
Citation
Teaching Effectiveness Program. (2006). Wikis In Education and other tools for Collaborative Writing. Retrieved October 10, 2011 from http://tep.uoregon.edu/shared/blogswikispodcasts/WikisBiblio.pdf

4 comments:

S. Bronson said...

You know something, I didn't even acknowledge it but you are right, you can access your social bookmarking from other computers as opposed to adding it to your "favorites." I also liked the idea of creating the voice thread to cover your lesson plans. The elimination of paperwork is so nice. You have some great ideas!
-Stephanie Bronson

Nicole Harper-Hohenberger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Harper-Hohenberger said...

I also had never heard of web 2.0 which does not surprise but I am not very technology savvy...yet. I did not remember to say anything about how the social bookmarking allows you to access your bookmarks from any internet source. These tools have eased my mind about using technology in my classroom.

Nicole Harper

jenbradley513 said...

I really like your ideas about voice thread. I can see how it would be a great tool to help students show their parents what they are learning in the classroom!

Jennifer Bradley